Britain has threatened to raid the Ecuadorian embassy in London if WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange is not handed over, Ecuador’s foreign minister says.
At a media conference in Quito, Ricardo Patino said the position taken by the British government was “unacceptable”.
“Today we’ve received a threat by the United Kingdom, a clear and written threat that they could storm our embassy in London if Ecuador refuses to hand in Julian Assange,” he said.
“We are not a British colony.”
In the letter, the British government mentioned an existing law that gives Britain the power to strip an embassy of its status.
- fadeout-again likes this
- nobby3 reblogged this from necronaught and added:
- nobby3 likes this
- necronaught reblogged this from lillabet
- j4s0nd4v1s reblogged this from dudeistlibertarian
- necronaught likes this
- basedceerex reblogged this from lillabet
- anarcho-alowisney reblogged this from dudeistlibertarian
- basedspooner reblogged this from dudeistlibertarian
- lillabet reblogged this from dudeistlibertarian
- lillabet likes this
- dudeistlibertarian posted this